Hills is introducing a new diet in Canada specifically for the treatment of hyperthyroidism. It’s possible we may not have to treat these cats with medication anymore!
The thyroid gland, located in your cat’s neck, uses dietary iodine to produce thyroid hormones, which help regulate important body functions including your cat’s heart rate, metabolism, body temperature, bowel function and blood pressure. If the cat has hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland will be enlarged and produce excessive amounts of thyroid hormone. Hills Y/D carefully limits the levels of dietary iodine to reduce thyroid hormone production and help restore thyroid health.
- Easy. Effective. Safe.
- Clinically proven nutrition to restore thyroid health
- Improves thyroid health in 3 weeks (when fed as the sole source of nutrition)
- Complete daily nutrition with a taste your cat will love
Additional benefits for overall health
- Supports kidney health with controlled phosphorus and low sodium
- Helps maintain bladder health with controlled mineral levels
- Promotes heart health with essential nutrients like taurine and carnitine
- Promotes healthy skin and a luxurious hair coat with high levels of omega-3 and -6 fatty acids
For more information about whether Y/D is right for your cat, please contact us for a consultation.